Skills and Strategies for Team Leaders
Competent teams improve productivity, reduce cycle time, and generate innovative solutions. Yet, many teams are ineffective, wasting time and resources on projects that do not achieve the desired results, or are not linked to the business or to its customers. As a result, it is critical that teams have the knowledge and the skills to make meaningful contributions to the company’s business goals and to customers’ needs.
Teams and Beyond™: Skills and Strategies for Team Leaders
Teams and Beyond™: Skills and Strategies for Team Leaders (Teams and Beyond) is designed to teach the skills team leaders need to build strong core teams, and to link those teams tightly to the organisation and to its customers.
Teams and Beyond focuses on the following content:
- Defining the team leader’s role, and how it differs from a traditional manager’s role
- Gaining team and organisational commitment to team efforts
- Harnessing the learning styles and knowledge bases within and across teams
- Accelerating a team’s momentum in times of change
- Coaching the team and each team member to peak performance
- Forging strong, enduring links with other teams and groups across the organisation
Teams and Beyond is appropriate for supervisors and frontline leaders who lead ongoing work or project teams.
By participating in Teams and Beyond, participants will be able to:
- Clarify team goals, processes, and measures
- Gain team and organisational commitment
- Harness resources within and across teams
- Increase team collaboration
- Accelerate team momentum
- Fortify team-to-team links across the organisation and suggest actions for improvement
- Classroom: This experience includes the following 6 modules, approximately one-half day each:
- From Manager to Team Leader
- Getting Buy-In
- Learning Styles
- Leading Your Team Through Change
- Developing Your Team
Improving Team-to-Team Links In addition to the classroom materials, participants receive the Team Foundations Tool Kit that provides team leaders with a set of practical tools for effectively launching and sustaining a team, along with a troubleshooting guide for common team problems.
- Custom Blended Options: Forum can create a specific solution to meet your needs, leveraging the
appropriate virtual and outside-the-classroom learning methods. This may include the following: Virtual
Orientation Sessions and Small-Group Webinars; Online Discussions; Action Learning and Reconnects;
Leader/Coach Tool Kits; and Downloadable Tools and Resources.