Strategic Sales Management: Developing a Sales Force Strategy
An effective sales force strategy is critical to achieving sales targets and aligning the sales force with the
strategic direction of the firm. Sales managers must be able to craft strategy and communicate it to the sales
team in order to win the right kind of business and achieve growth targets for the business.
Developing a Sales Force Strategy
Developing a Sales Force Strategy introduces the key success factors involved in creating a sales force
strategy and communicating it to salespeople. It helps managers develop a comprehensive, prioritised
business plan, including required strategic and tactical elements.
Key content of Developing a Sales Force Strategy includes:
- Key success factors and elements of a sales force strategy
- Four key questions to evaluate in formulating a sales force strategy
- Five strategy elements, with templates to help participants apply them to their own organisations
- Strategy worksheet with tools to chart the desired path and evaluate signposts on the way to achieving success
- Practise using a three-step process for communicating the strategy to the sales force
Developing a Sales Force Strategy is intended for new and experienced sales managers who operate in a highly competitive selling environment.
By participating in Developing a Sales Force Strategy, participants will be able to:
- Develop a sales force strategy and plans that are aligned with strategic objectives and goals
- Effectively communicate the strategy and key action steps to the sales force
Developing a Sales Force Strategy is a half-day classroom-based module with supporting tools and